About the company MIK Celje
MAY OUR JOINT CHALLENGES BECOME OUR COMMON SUCCESs
MIK Celje, d.o.o. produces plastic, aluminium, and wooden windows and doors. The company offers solutions for the modernisation or new glazing of existing buildings. During the 28 years of our existence, the company has been led by our Managing Director Franci Pliberšek. Under his leadership it has grown and developed into a socially responsible company with 200 employees. Our company is proud of having been recognised for business excellence by the European Foundation. The vision and future goals of the company are clearly defined and are in tune with our slogan: “We are turning challenges into success”.
In the 28 years of its existence, MIK expanded its manufacturing capacity twice and became one of the top manufacturers of PVC doors and windows. Owing to its creative and competent staff, efficient management and firm values, the fledgling company grew into what it is today: a company with almost 200 employees and a 17% share of the Slovenian PVC windows market. Today, MIK is more than a manufacturer of high-quality windows – we change the way you see the world.
- 1990 – MIK, d.o.o. is founded.
- 1998 – A new manufacturing plant for CE-plast PVC window frames spanning 1,700 m2 opens in Celje.
- 2000 – A new computer-guided production line is set up. New business premises open in Gaji in Celje and the first MIK gallery welcomes its first visitors in Celje.
- 2004 – The first sales salon opens in Maribor.
- 2005 – A new production line for winter gardens is put into operation. New sales salons open in Ljubljana, Izola, and Murska Sobota. The second MIK gallery opens in Ljubljana.
- 2006 – New salons were open in Kranj and Nova Gorica. The company is awarded the Silver Crest of Celje.
- 2007 – The first phase (12,000 m2) of the new business & manufacturing complex is completed in Vojnik and operations are moved to the new premises.
- 2008 – A new sales salon opens in Novo mesto. The general manager receives the Slovenian Chamber of Commerce award for outstanding economic achievements, and the “Celje’s Best Citizen of 2007”.
- 2009 – Newly-renovated sales salons open in Maribor and Celje. The company enters the finals for the 2009 Slovenian Gazelle award, and wins the prestigious European Award for Business Excellence (EFQM).
- 2010 – Expansion of manufacturing and sales range to include aluminium and wooden doors and windows.
- 2014 – Expansion and investment into new production line. New improven MIKrovent design. Opening of showroom in Zagreb, Croatia.
- 2017 – New design improvement of MIKrovent 30 and new generation of local ventilation systems MIKrovent 60 and 120.